Sunday, January 17, 2010

Finally!!! I'm 90% sure that I'm Gonna GO FOR IT!!!

I have been procrastinating for so many years since I last took my Advanced Dip in Business (Management) in 2005, whether to further a Degree or not. Easy as it may seem to many, but not to me.

I have poor discipline when it comes to studying (I'm not really a very academically-inclined person) and I would have to be in the routine of working full-time, studying part-time.

When I took my Advanced Dip back then, I was also working and studying part-time, it was super stress and tiring for me okay!

But 2010, this is one resolution I MUST fufil (other than the losing-weight resolution, which has also been in the procrastinating-stage for so many years... LOL)!!!

But now I am in a dilemma on which one to take:

Option 1 (Total cost approx. S$14k):
Further a BA(Hons) in Business & Marketing from the Institution I obtained my Advanced Dip (Auston Institute), direct entry to 3rd year and only need to complete 6 modules within 10 months, Degree accreditation by Coventry University (England).

Option 2 (Total cos approx. S$20k):
Further a BSc (Hons) in Marketing from Kaplan with Advanced standing to enter 2nd year and to complete 12 modules within 18 months, Degree accreditation from National University of Ireland, Dublin.

There are also some other options available, but these 2 are the top 2 choices I am considering.

Sigh... Quite lost, really... Im very very interested to take the course from Auston as I am able to get a direct entry to 3rd year, but Coventry Uni does not seem to be quite 'known' or 'popular' in Singapore, as well as world-wide! Arrrggghhhhh!!!

The next intake for both are the same, by March for classes to start. I have to really make a decision like SOON, very SOON.. Probably have to sign on by end of this month, or latest by early Feb...Stress lah!!!

How how how how???? Should I just go ahead and sign up for the course from Kaplan?? Any suggestion from anyone please....!!!!??? -__-"

4 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, January 18, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha...
First time reading somebody blog.. But well since i free today i shall give you my 25cent worth of advice.
I always feel that studying is useless cause it does not apply to what we eventually work out to be. But every living thing need to have min. education la.

Well going for whatever degree, is that really going to help you in any part of your career?? I REALLY WONDER.. Or Just using spending thousand getting a degree which is of no use.

No doubt you can find a better job, but well it is time you actually do it,. Be it WITH OR WITHOUT a Degree. There is no future in your current job.

So conclusion is change a better job that suit u. And see the new job need you to have that kind of Degree in order to HAVE A PAY RAISE...

GOOD DAY as this is just my point of view....

 
At 3:53 PM, January 18, 2010 , Blogger Tamster-TaMy said...

Anonymous>> Thanks for your long comment. it really makes me re-consider my options. Well, let's see how it goes then. Once again, thanks for reading my blog. =)

 
At 9:19 PM, January 20, 2010 , Anonymous Winnilicious said...

I am quite impressed with Anonymous' comment. Somehow, I think he/ she is right.

So have u decided? Anyway, with that sum, if u really want to study for the sake of fulfilling some wishes of urs, why dun u take from SIM? Least more recognise?

 
At 6:19 PM, January 22, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya lor Tammy at least take a degree dat is recognize de...if nt waste of $ n time.. =)

Belle :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home