Thursday, August 06, 2009

Ochard Hotel Dinner Buffet!!!! (1 Aug)

All thanks to Ah Leng aunty's fast action of calling up to make reservation, we managed to enjoy the Orchard hotel dinner buffet at 44% off, this promotion being in line with our National Day! There were 2 slots, 6-8pm or 8-10pm. The one that Ah Leng aunty has booked was 6-8pm but Eug didn't bother to check with her lor! In the end, we only reached at around 710, as we were watching The Hangover at PS earlier!
Also, I was told that all the other hotels under the same group, ie M Hotel, Grand Copthorne, Copthorne Orchid, also have the 44% discount promotion!
The only condition, patrons have to wear red! Check out the 'sea of red'... ;p

Fresh Oysters!!! The first item we hit on when we reached! I think I ate about 5 in total and Eug ate like 12-15pieces!

The fresh seafood!! The prawns were really fresh too, I ate alot of them!! The crab was so-so only thou'...

Sashimi!! Thou' they only have salmon & hamachi (i think) + this duno what abalone, but at least they were all very fresh!! Unlike Ritz Carlton's Greenhouse buffet, where the sashimi taste so bad, even Sakae Suhi is way way better!

The Laksa was okay (my mum's still nicer thou' ;p) but the mee siam was abit tasteless...
Drunken Prawns soup! The soup was not tasty enough, but prawns were really fresh!
They also had this BBQ food station, but didn't try it as I was getting full with the seafood, sashimi & dessert!
Check out the cakes! This is my first time trying Orchard hotel, I'm not sure if durian cakes are supposedly their specialty dessert or it was specifically for the National Day promo.. Anyways, for ppl who love durian, they will definitely enjoy the different assortments of the durian desserts!
Fruits fruits... I only ate the watermelon, quite juicy & sweet... They had ice-cream too, but I didn't have time to eat that... :(
I didn't even have time to try the chocolate fondue....
Overall, the food experience was good, the service was quite good too!! After the discount, we only paid about $32 per pax. so value for money.. This is what I call quality... Even though the hotel is charging a discount price, they do not 'discount' on their food quality... Unlike this Ritz Carlton buffet promotion, the quality of the food is bad, really not even worth my time thou' it was 50% off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home